Discover Film Impact Strategy
Collective Lens is Peace is Loud’s impact training program for filmmakers. Participants learn to design and implement their own impact campaigns while integrating care-centered values into their overall filmmaking process.
Explore the curriculum:
The first module provides an overview of impact campaigns.
- Peace is Loud’s definition of impact and our approach to campaigns as a values-driven practice.
- A discussion of the values of impact, highlighting Peace is Loud’s organizational values of equity, safety, representation, and care.
- The building blocks of strategy development.
Learn the fundamentals of fundraising and budgeting in this module.
- Best practices for managing the unique challenges of fundraising for an impact campaign.
- A behind-the-scenes look at an impact campaign budget and hands-on experience using Peace is Loud’s budget template.
Gain insight into Peace is Loud’s year-long impact campaign for On the Divide (Maya Cueva & Leah Galant, 2022), including:
- An overview of the campaign timeline from strategy development through wrap.
- A real-life demonstration of the power of film as a tool for social justice movements.
- A discussion of the creative problem-solving required to navigate challenging political landscapes, building support in sustainable ways, and remaining committed to values of care.
All participants receive access to our library of readings, tools, templates, and guides!
Flexible and Customizable
Bring Collective Lens to your community of filmmakers either virtually or in-person, with just one module or all three—it’s up to you!
Take the first step! Connect with us to learn more about Collective Lens or to bring this transformative program to your community.