Our open positions are listed below. Please read each description in full, including application directions, before applying. Thank you!
Entity: Peace is Loud
Title: Digital Engagement Coordinator
Location: New York, NY
FLSA Status: Full-time, Exempt
Salary Range: $55,000-$60,000
Reports to: Director of Audience Development & Digital Strategy
WHO WE ARE:
Peace is Loud is a non-profit founded by filmmaker Abigail Disney that strengthens the visibility and influence of women who are building peace and resisting violence around the world. Through film impact campaigns, speaking events and political empowerment, we advance women’s leadership in building inclusive, secure communities.
This means we do a lot of things, and that’s because there is so much work to be done. For decades, women all over the world have been driving change in their communities, and demanding more equitable and meaningful roles for women in decision-making. These women’s stories are continuously sidelined, and Peace is Loud is bringing them front and center.
We’re a small, hardworking, hands-on team that draws our success from strong communication skills, teamwork, and a passion for our mission. By recognizing, nurturing and embodying the values of dignity, collaboration, commitment and integrity, we aim to uphold and work towards a culture of peace, love and justice, both within our workplace as well as through our work extending to the outside world.
- Create daily social media content to distribute to PiL’s channels, including our film campaign accounts
- Serve as the point person for social media audiences through day-to-day community management
- Coordinate with teams across PiL to develop campaign plans that drive growth, awareness and engagement
- Analyze metrics to report on learnings and provide recommendations
- Update content on the website (a WordPress CMS) as needed
- Assist in the execution of paid social campaigns (monitoring, reporting)
- Develop original content to increase engagement across our platforms
- Write as needed for website, SMS, and email
- Experience managing social media or community management for a nonprofit, campaign, or company
- A sharp writer, primarily for the internet – while your focus will be social media, you will assist in website content, SMS, and email
- Familiar with online metrics and reporting
- An interest in social justice, women’s rights and human rights
- Experience in organizing and advocacy (if not in your career, in your personal life)
- Basic photoshop skills to manipulate templates and basic video editing for cutting clips
- Medical / Dental / Vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible spending program
- Generous vacation time & personal days
- Summer Fridays
- Lots of snacks
HOW TO APPLY
Your application should be sent as a single PDF document that includes:
- A one-page, thoughtful cover letter that shares why you are interested in the position, and what you would bring to the role
- A résumé or CV
- Screenshot of a social post you are proud of, and why you’re proud of it
Your PDF should be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line, “Digital Engagement Coordinator” Only complete applications sent as a single PDF will be reviewed.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
It is the policy of Peace is Loud to ensure equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran.