Job Title: Speakers Bureau Manager
Reports to: Executive Director
FLSA Status: Full-time, Exempt
ABOUT PEACE IS LOUD
Peace is Loud (www.peaceisloud.org) is a non-profit organization providing a creative approach to conflict prevention, gender equality and peacebuilding through documentary film campaigns, speaking events and women’s political empowerment. We’re a small, hardworking, hands-on team that draws our success from strong communication skills, teamwork, and a passion for Peace is Loud’s mission. Our work highlights the voices of women who are building peace and resisting violence in their communities around the world.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Peace is Loud is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Speakers Bureau Manager, a full-time position based at the organization’s office in NYC. Our ideal candidate appreciates the spirit and mission of our organization and can work in a fast-paced environment. The primary responsibility will be to represent speakers on the roster of Peace is Loud’s speakers bureau for women peacebuilders, and scale it significantly to increase impact. S/he will also work closely with other program staff and the Executive Director. The Manager will be responsible for securing bookings for speakers as well as managing and growing a database of event hosts and providing best solutions to specific programming needs. The person in this position must be comfortable speaking to and working with meeting planners and executives from Fortune 500 companies to trade associations, colleges, non-profits, NGOs and international organizations.
- Represent speakers to a variety of potential hosts, including colleges, universities, corporations, conferences and nonprofits in the United States, and internationally.
- Perform a high volume of outreach.
- Develop and implement targeted marketing plans and high quality marketing materials for speakers and speakers bureau, including communication/media related activities.
- Partner with event planners to provide solutions to their programming needs, ensure fit, and negotiate service contracts.
- Stewardship of planned engagements, including oversight of logistics and facilitation of communication between speaker and event host.
- Speak—with clarity, purpose, and passion—about our organization’s mission and roster of visionary speakers.
- Pitch speakers to various media outlets to raise public profiles.
- Liaise with Communications & Events Manager who will manage speaker communications and all event logistics.
- Recruit new speakers and provide strategy to facilitate the short-term and long-term growth of the speakers bureau.
- Track press placements for speakers.
- Maintain a current database of event hosts and organizational partners.
- Collaborate with organization’s senior management team on operations and growth strategy.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Minimum 5 years relevant professional experience required (e.g. public relations, marketing, publicity/event production, sales, communications).
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to create successful marketing plans and materials.
- Demonstrated initiative and strategic thinking; results-oriented.
- Ability to connect with people from a variety of backgrounds and life experiences.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills, resourcefulness, and ability to exercise sound and confident judgment.
- Business acumen; experience bringing a social enterprise to scale is a plus.
- Flexible, with the ability to successfully manage multiple communication threads.
- Personal qualities that include a positive attitude, integrity, commitment to social change, humor, the energy for challenges, and self-motivation.
- Passion for Peace is Loud’s mission.
- Knowledge and/or experience in peacebuilding, women’s issues, human rights, politics as well as domestic and international current events highly desirable.
- Ability to handle sensitive information discreetly and maintain confidentiality.
- Strong computer skills, including facility with Microsoft Office Suite, G Suite and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems
How to Apply
Your application should be sent as a single PDF document that includes:
- A one-page, thoughtful cover letter that shares why you are interested in the position, and what you would bring to the role
- A resume or CV
- Minimum salary requirements
Your PDF should be submitted to: email@example.com, subject line, “Speakers Bureau Manager.” Only complete applications sent as a single PDF will be reviewed.
Applications will be accepted through August 1, 2017 or until our ideal candidate is identified. While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
It is the policy of Peace is Loud to ensure equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran.